Monday, February 6, 2012

Go GIANTS!!!

   Last night was Superbowl 2012 - Giants vs. Pats rematch.  I am happy to say that the Giants pulled out a win after an incredibly close and very exciting game.  I'm not even a huge football fan and I enjoyed watching the game.  I made lots of delicious snacks for the game including this cake.
Of course I didn't think to take pictures of the process to post on my blog (I'm still new to this idea) but I will tell you what I did!


First I decided I wanted to make a round cake and decided on my design.  I found a picture online like this one.
I downloaded it to my computer then reversed the image.  This is an important step if you have an image with words or letters.  I shrunk the image down using a copier until it was a size that would fit on my 8 inch cake.

Next I took my shrunken and reversed image put it underneath a piece of wax paper.  I cut the tip off of a disposable decorating bag and put in piping gel.  I then outline the image on the wax paper with the piping gel.

Next I flipped the wax paper over, piping gel down and pressed it onto my already frosted cake so that it left an indentation of the helmet design.

Then I determined the colors I needed (blue, red, gray, and white).  I used the star tip (tip 18) to color in the helmet with the blue and red.  All the while I kept this image up on my iPad so that I could color it correctly.

I used round tips for the mask and the letters and then I used the remaining blue and red for the design on the bottom.  All in all I think it turned out pretty well and it was certainly delicious.  Today my goal is to get materials for my first sewing project on my new sewing machine!  I'm also going to head over to a used furniture store to hopefully buy a buffet that I can renovate for my dining room!  More tutorials to come!!  I promise I'll take more pictures next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment