Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Knitting Parties!?

      I really could use some extra cash these days - I mean, who couldn't?  And while I don't particularly want to get a part-time job, my thought was to turn these hobbies of mine into something prosperous.  Home-based parties are always fun, but people get bored with them...same story, different product.  I'd like to see if I could run a "Knitting Party" business.  My friends are always telling me they want to learn how to knit.  How about instead of going to a class that will cost you $30-$40 at one of those chain retail stores, I charge you $10-$15 and come to your home.  That way you can drink wine, eat snacks, and enjoy a nice evening in with your friends.  I think it could work, I just need to find some people to get the ball rolling.
     I posted a message on my facebook asking my friends if anyone would be interested in attending a workshop I put on at my own house.  Then, maybe I can build up from there?  I can also offer a fee-for-product service as well.  I can pretty much make anything I have a pattern for.  Everyone keeps telling me I should do an etsy shop, but I'm just not sure how it all works with taxes and such.  Anyway, I'm open to suggestions about how I can turn my knitting and crocheting passion into a money-maker!!

No comments:

Post a Comment