Monday, March 12, 2012

Renewed Buffet Server Part 2

Hello again,
  So if you scroll down a little bit, you'll see the buffet server that I bought used and repainted to match my other dining room furniture.  I didn't like that the inside looked unfinished.  Though I know no one really cares about what the inside looks like, I cared.  So I decided to do something about it.  I went out and bought some wrapping paper that I liked and modge podged it to the inside.  Here are pictures of the process.


 Clean the inside the best that you can.  Paint the interior with modge podge and place your pre-cut pieces of wrapping paper over the modge podge.  Try to smooth out the bubbles the best that you can.  Give it about 15 min. to dry and then put another coat of modge podge over top.  I also sprayed it with a sealant I bought at the craft store to make sure it would really stay on there.







Any advice I can give is if you are really concerned with it being perfect, you're going to be there forever.  It took me a couple of hours and mine is nowhere near perfect, but I like how it turned out in the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment